Understanding what may cause you stress during the holidays is the first step to managing it. Setting high expectations and doing too much can leave us feeling overwhelmed. Spending time with relatives or, conversely, missing our relatives, can stir up emotions.
- Limit your schedule by selecting only the activities, parties, events, and traditions that have the most meaning and give the most joy to you.
- Make healthy food and drink choices that will leave you feeling good and with no regrets come 2010.
- Set a reasonable budget for the season and stick to it.
- Exercise can be a wonderful mood elevator.
- Spending time in well lit environments can be helpful.